Are you ready for an easy-to-manage WordPress Theme for Business or Website Conversion for your business website?
WordPress Design Shop has been working with businesses of all kinds for more than 20 years. We make it easy for you to take your existing business website and create a professional presence online using a WordPress Theme for Business.
The WordPress platform is easy-to-use and all content changes can easily be handled within your business by your marketing team or an administrative person. Our goal is to create a website that wows your clients while making it easy for you to wow them. You can easily add articles written to your prospective clients, and we set up each WordPress theme with tools that make SEO easier. With a targeted approach to Business Marketing, WordPress makes it easy for your prospects to find you because Google easily can read sites written in WordPress. You can optimize your website presence and so much more. WordPress is one of the easiest platforms to use for running a business.
What comes with a WordPress Theme for Business or Website Conversion?
- You get help picking a domain name for your WordPress site
- You get help setting up your hosting
- You get WordPress installation
- You get a WordPress Theme for Business that meets your business’s unique needs and requirements
- You get base navigation structure setup
- You get any custom images you may need at our wholesale cost
- You get base WordPress SEO training
- You get base site use training (you can send as many people as you want to this training – it is conducted over the phone/web)
- You get our WordPress Business Base Plus Set-up, including SEO plugins, contact forms, site map and other plug-ins installed
- You receive Suggestions on How to Write Your Copy
- If you need a shopping cart, we will tell you where to get the software and then set it up for you
- And much more through working with our technology and business strategists!
Often, business owners believe that purchasing a WordPress Theme for Business is all it takes to convert an existing website, but rarely can non-technical people set up a WordPress Theme for Business without some level of customization. Each WordPress Theme for Business is different because each theme is created by individual theme developers from different companies. This means that one theme may work one way and another may work completely different. Think of themes like types of software you use every day. Just because you know how to use Microsoft Word doesn’t mean you know how to use every other word processing software. Themes all offer you ways to customize your site, but how to do this is different in every single one of them. We are experts at being able to quickly use our knowledge of how systems and software works to expertly learn any new theme and customize it to your business. We help you choose the WordPress Theme for business that will enable you to create a professional website and also keep costs manageable compared to creating a custom website.
We’ve worked with the following types of businesses needing wordpress theme for business:
- Professional services, including accounting, medical, real estate, law [link to law page], architecture, consulting,
- Energy companies, including petrochemical, energy optimization
- Specialty organizations, including historical societies
- Local government, including cities, villages and town
- Retail businesses, including high-end tailors and direct to consumer goods such as florists
- Wholesales businesses, including global companies that work B2B
- Industrial companies
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Design and fashion companies, including retail/wholesale
- Entertainment, including film-makers
- Financial services, including banking and investment
- Leadership, training and coaching organizations
- Health and fitness
- Authors and book sites
- Not-for-profit organizations
If you are ready to reduce your WordPress website development or website conversion related costs and enjoy the ease of management that comes with a WordPress Design shop custom business site, contact us today for your complimentary 30-minute WordPress Theme for Business or website design consultation 424-234-8528.
Wordpess design shop is your resource for WordPress Theme for Business , Business WordPress Websites, and agencies that serve Businesses and who want a reliable WordPress | Web Development partner.
WordPress design shop is now offering wordpress training for your site.
If you are like most people you have heard that wordpress is the platform of choice for your new website. However it is not easy to find wordpress training on what wordpress is and how to use it for the new or average website user. Here at WordPress Design Shop we know what it is like to not be a hugely technical person and to deal with how most technical people treat beginners. How do we know this? Because we specialize in working with small business users and individual new to the platform.
In our new wordpress training sessions starting at just $99.00 we will go over:
- Setting up the wordpress core
- Finding the right wordpress host for your needs
- Navigation Structure
- Finding the right wordpress theme
- Working with WordPress posts
- Working with WordPress pages
- Working with WordPress links
- Base SEO structure
- Contact Pages
- Using Images
- Visual Editor
- Code Editor
- Backing up WordPress
- and much more.
We only show you what you need to know in our wordpress training.
Why would you spend hours and hours of your time looking at a bunch of ads and so on just to find out simple things you want to do in wordpress. Remember our wordpress training is designed to answer questions that matter to you for your online business. Here at wordpress design shop our goal is for you to spend most of your time doing what is related to your online business and not trying to figure something out.
If you are ready to start learning the ins and outs of setting up your own wordpress site so it is successful and easy to manage contact us today about setting up a wordpress training session.
* All of our wordpress training is handled remotely for this current special. If you are in the local Dallas Ft. Worth Texas area and would like personal one on one wordpress training please give us a call to discuss rates and specials in our home city area.
WordPress is an easy to use platform. In fact, this is the main reason for its popularity amongst bloggers and more recently small business owners. It can be easily customized according to your needs and many of its enhanced features and functionalities are often just a click away.
However, did you ever stop to think that customizing your website can be a daunting and time consuming process? And with so many wordpress developers, too many in fact, it can be downright frustrating to choose the best one for your project.
That’s where an experienced WordPress developer steps in.
Hiring the right developer is key to achieving the best website to suit your business and business needs. But how do you know which one is right for you?
Whilst the WordPress developer can take care of your WordPress customization woes, you still need own up to the ones you face when choosing the right developer for you. With all else in life, only you know what’s rights for you and you’re going to need to learn to trust your gut with this one. Of course, I won’t just end it here and leave you hanging with your gut.
The Following are some keys to consider when hiring the right wordpress developer for you.
Hiring a WordPress Developer Key 1 – Portfolio
A WordPress developer’s portfolio is worth studying. Before hiring one, look at the past projects he’s undertaken. This will help you understand his level of skills and expertise. It also gives you a glimpse of his WordPress style and if it ties in well with yours. A developer’s style and level of expertise is reflected on his projects. Additionally, the number of projects he’s completed will translate to the level of knowledge, experience and efficiency you’ll get.
- Hiring a WordPress Developer Key 2 – Reputation
Hire a WordPress developer from a reputable company. You can rest assure that you’ll be receiving the best level of services at affordable rates in a short span of time when you deal with developers from credible companies. Besides, they have their good name to upkeep and your satisfaction matters to them.
- Hiring a WordPress Developer Key 3 – Services
Once you’ve found a reputable professional, go through what services they include. It is better to be clear rather to stay in confusion and risk misunderstanding in what particular services, charges and any extra charges for additional services the company entitles you to. Finding out how they operate is also key. How you’ll be communicating with each other, how often, if there is a fixed process that they follow, a timeline that they follow by and will there be more than one person involved in your WordPress development, are just some of the operational details you might want to know about.
- Hiring a WordPress Developer Key 4 – Cost
Cost is also an essential factor and will determine just how far you can go with the customization of your WordPress website. Most companies offer packages but we all know that no one person is the same nor have the same needs. So although you initially pay for a set price of a particular package, be aware of any additional charges that may occur when additional customization is done to further suit your needs.
- Hiring a WordPress Developer Key 5 – Contract
Having things written in black and white is also important these days. A contract not only protects you but also the company from related issues that may arise later on. Make sure you read your contract thoroughly and make adjustments where you’re not happy. By going through the terms and conditions you’ll find out, amongst other things, what your rights are over the content of the website. Ideally, you’ll want full rights over everything.
So there you go.
In a nutshell, when looking for the right WordPress developer for you, it’s key to consider their skill set, credibility, services offered, package cost and your rights.
One more thing, I haven’t mentioned but is worth including is support and training. The best WordPress developers will offer training and support in the maintenance and upkeep of your website to ensure that it will continue to perform at its best.
Hire the right wordpress developer and you’ll be on the road to success in no time!
Unlimited wordpress hosting is just a marketing term and nothing you should get excited about.
Last month I was reading an article about how cellphone companies are using the term unlimited very loosely. You would think that unlimited means unlimited…Right? I was working on my wordpress website and thought wow…that is so sad that companies were misleading people like that. I then just put it out of my mind and went about working on my wordpress website with not much of a bother.
A couple of days went by and all of a sudden I got an email from my hosting company telling me that they ran a report and my couple of sites that get many thousands of visitors were taking up to much CPU. Mind you I am on a wordpress hosting platform that says the following:
Unlimited WordPress Hosting
Our hosting provides you with unlimited disk space for your wordpress website hosting needs. The way we can give you generous amounts of disk space is easily explained. The average cost of hard drives, keep getting lower and lower. So, in turn, we want to pass these saving along to you. This way we are sure you have enough storage space for your website files.
Bandwidth is the amount of data that you are able to transfer between your website account and the visitors of your website. Unlimited bandwidth offering allows you to never worry about exceeding your bandwidth limitations!
* Please note that I have been a customer of this company for over 6 years and through 2 change of owners,
Needless to say I was a little upset and responded that I have a pro hosting account that says unlimited domains, cpanels, and disk space. I am curious how I can be having a CPU issue with my wordpress sites if I have unlimited everything.
Shortly after that I received another email that said yes I have an unlimited account but CPU is not unlimited and sites are not allowed to exceed the average CPU for more than a couple of days and I would need to upgrade from my $11.95 a month account to a $65.00 a month dedicated account for wordpress.
For all you computer science people out there, you may be scratching you head like I was! How can I have unlimited wordpress hosting with domains, unlimited disk, and unlimited traffic without taking up more CPU?
So, Yes just like the cellphone companies…all wordpress hosting sites tell the same lie called unlimited even with wordpress hosting.
If you get very much traffic with your wordpress site you are better off getting a VPS solution for your site or follow the following tips for reducing your wordpress CPU.
- Optimize the wordpress database.
- Uninstall/disable any unnecessary plugins on the site.
- Limit wordpress related posts plug-ins
- Reduce Image Sizes
- Minify CSS files
- Installing a caching plugin. There are several options for this such as, WP Super Cache, W3 Total Cache, Hyper Cache Extended, DB Cache Cache Reloaded, and so on.
- Outsource Theme’s Images to amazon S3 or even Flickr
Remember next time you are out to get a new wordpress hosting plan that there is no such thing as “unlimited wordpress hosting.”
You searched the web and found an Amazing wordpress ecommerce plug-in called Jigoshop and now believe that your prayers have been answered.
Well that is what I thought for one of my clients!
Top Reasons to stay away from Jigoshop unless you are a programmer or plan to pay for one.
- Jigoshop does not work well with most themes. In my experience I was only able to get the pages that used shortcodes to work in the theme without CSS programming. It would mess up the headers, messages were overlapped and so on.
- Jigoshop does not have good support. After your purchase jigoshop they do not help you with issues really much at all and keep trying to get you to buy premium support to really get any help. I don’t know about you but when I buy a product I expect it to work and not need premium support right out of the gate to do the most basic things
- Jigoshop does not offer an easy way to change button colors and such. My client wanted to change some of the default colors in the system and we had to go to the actual cart style sheet and then un-minify it and then re upload it to be able to find any of the css easily. This caused hours of work for the most basic changes.
- The cart is not really free unless you need only the most basic features. When you first find the jigoshop cart you may say to yourself wow what great features and best of all it is free. Well, it is not really free almost every additional feature cost major money. Add UPS, FEDX, and a few other extensions and you are at a 150.00 before you know it. Add a bunch of extensions and you could be at $500 before you know it.
- Simple Free Shipping for an individual product? – Shipping is one of the most needed features of any shopping cart. Ever want to sell one product and offer free shipping on it. Yes, well same here and no can’t find a simple way to do this either.
- Several Jigoshop Extensions have no error codes. We spent hours trying to get just one of the shipping modules to work. We filled in all the information and everything but no luck. Even better no error codes either. We had to try things over and over again in the dark until luckily we found what the issue was.
What do you get with jigoshop according to the site?
Sell physical, digital and virtual products
Promote your products
Easily create discount coupons
Tax by location
Jigoshop Features that are actually extra. (Cost more money anywhere from 5.00 to 50.00 each)
- Table Rate Shipping
- Product Accessories
- Paypal Express Checkout
- Product Inquiry form
- Product Importer
- FEDx Shipping
- UPS shipping
- Export Product to CSV
- USPS Shipping
- Inspire Commerce
- Canada Post Shipping
- Google Product Feed
- Affiliate Pro
- Stripe Payment Gateway
- Mediaburst SMS
- Buddypress Extension
- Mailchimp Extension
- Paypal Pro
- Simple Seo Meta Tags
- Upsells Cross Sells
- HTML Emails
- Sage Pay
- Campaign Monitor
As you can see, it can get very expensive if you don’t know what you want exactly.
If you are ready for an ecomnerce solution or are in the middle of a jigoshop install and are stuck give us a call for options and way to get what you want.
WordPress Design Shop is your wordpress ecommerce support specialists.
Are wordpress business websites right for your small business? In short..the answer is YES and here is why.
Top 5 Reasons to use wordpress when building Business Websites
WordPress Business Websites – Why it is right for you!
- WordPress is easy to manage – Many content management systems used for small businesses and large alike require many people to manage. When I worked in Fortune 500 we had at least 5 people dedicated in some way to our customer facing company website. At the average price of $100,000 dollars a person that is $500,000 dollars a year dedicated in some way or another to management the site. A typical wordpress site for a business runs about 1,000 dollars to 10,000 if there are a lot of custom graphics involved, and maybe some social features. Hosting for the site also requires no special hardware, network setup, or security features to work. The content of the entire site can be managed by 1 virtual assistant. That is a savings of over $498,000 a year!
- WordPress Business Websites are easy to redesign. – As many of you know deciding on a company design for your website can take a long time. In many large businesses the design may be complete for a year and then a new CEO comes in wants to change the site again. In a typical website (non wordpress) CMS for businesses something as simple as changing the site layout can cost $100,000 dollars or more and cause major programming issues as well. WordPress uses a simple theming system that makes it easy to setup a totally new design for usually less than a $1000 dollars. And even better your in house designers that maybe do your product graphics etc. can be taught in a couple of hours how to create a new design that can easily be converted to wordpress and installed over your existing content.
- WordPress Business Websites are easy to extend. – Have you ever worked on your business website and thought, “man it would be great if we had this feature” only to hear it costs to much money, will take too much time, or is not compatible with our CMS. With wordpress all of the systems are easily extending with plug-ins. If you want a social network, there is a plug-in for that. If you want a gallery, there is a plug-in for that. Want a shopping system, there are plug-ins for that as well. There are millions of developers and business creating extensions to make your web presence sing. Best of all, they all work with your existing site, content, and features. There are many extensions that are free and even more at a low cost.
- Constant Updates – WordPress is one of the most updated platforms on the internet. I can’t count the number of times I have installed a super expensive system in some company and a few months later the system is out of date. Then to add insult to injury the software company that wrote the software doesn’t plan an update for a year or more. A year or more are! With wordpress there are over 800 million users on the internet so there are updates all the time. Even better the code is so simple to work with that a decent php developer can make updates and enhancement for you. No more waiting for that billion dollar development company to update their stuff.
- The Core is free for your business wordpress website. – What free? Yes, the core systems for wordpress and even the social components called buddypress are free. No more paying thousands and thousands of dollars year after year to just use the base features of your cms system. If you can’t find what you need in the core you only pay a few hundred dollars for plug-ins etc.
If you are ready to take your business website to the next level contact wordpress design shop for a free consultation.
WordPress Business Websites that reduce the cost of representing your business to the world.
Do you need Emergency WordPress Support?
Here at wordpress design shop we have received several emails from people having all kinds of wordpress issues? Because of the number of emails we have decided to start offering the help you need at rates that will not break the bank. Emergency support is one of the most needed services for most site owners. Did you know that almost 75% of site owners have at least 1 major outage when they use wordpress as their content management system?
The most common emergency wordpress support issues are:
- WordPress template is broken after update
- WordPress site has been hacked
- I have been locked out of my wordpress site
- Plug-in is no longer working
- Out of memory issues with wordpress
- Need wordpress theme help
- I just have a wordpress emergency
- WordPress shopping cart issues
- WordPress image issues
If you are sitting there needing support for your wordpress site just use the button to the right to email us and we will get back to you ASAP.
What are you waiting for? Don’t waste your time trying to find a solution on your own. Most wordpress website owners spend 500 dollars worth of time on a hundred dollar problem. Typical problems with most sites can me fixed in as little as 30 minutes. Even a complete loss of site can be restored in 1 hour.
WordPress Design Shop is your emergency wordpress support headquarters.