When building a wordpress product site for your new venture you should keep the following rules in mind:
- You should make sure your wordpress product site makes it easy for the customer to know what your product is and how it benefits them in as little as 4-6 Seconds.
- Your wordpress product site and theme should have colors and text that are easy to read and do not distract from the product descriptions and benefits.
- Your site navigation structure should make it easy for the consumer to move around the site and keep track of their activity.
- Your wordpress product site should be SEO friendly and contain images, descriptions, and links all related to your product category and benefit.
- You should keep as few steps as possible in the checkout process.
- Have a FAQ on your site that explains any concerns that typically arise in your business
- Have contact information readily available on your site, including directions to your physical store if you have one.
- Have any coupons and deals easy to find on your site and navigation
- Make sure that your wordpress product theme is easy to manage for you and your employees
- Make a check list of all the features you want on your site and try to get as many features as possible in your initial wordpress site build.
- Have Social Sharing systems for products and information like, Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, Linked IN, Etc.
- Make sure that your shipping is straight forward and easy to manage, include FEDX and UPS if required.
- Make sure that your wordpress product site and theme load fast
- Optimize all images to reduce size
So you have all the rules down and want to know what a wordpress product site looks like.
Here are some wordpress product site examples.
So what systems are normally used when selling products in wordpress.
Base WordPress Install
Newsletter System like:
Social Sharing Platforms
Payment Processor like:
Affiliate Program like:
WordPress shopping carts like:
WordPress SEO Plugins like:
Ready to start the development of your first wordpress product site. Give us a call or email today.