Are wordpress business websites right for your small business? In short..the answer is YES and here is why.
Top 5 Reasons to use wordpress when building Business Websites
WordPress Business Websites – Why it is right for you!
- WordPress is easy to manage – Many content management systems used for small businesses and large alike require many people to manage. When I worked in Fortune 500 we had at least 5 people dedicated in some way to our customer facing company website. At the average price of $100,000 dollars a person that is $500,000 dollars a year dedicated in some way or another to management the site. A typical wordpress site for a business runs about 1,000 dollars to 10,000 if there are a lot of custom graphics involved, and maybe some social features. Hosting for the site also requires no special hardware, network setup, or security features to work. The content of the entire site can be managed by 1 virtual assistant. That is a savings of over $498,000 a year!
- WordPress Business Websites are easy to redesign. – As many of you know deciding on a company design for your website can take a long time. In many large businesses the design may be complete for a year and then a new CEO comes in wants to change the site again. In a typical website (non wordpress) CMS for businesses something as simple as changing the site layout can cost $100,000 dollars or more and cause major programming issues as well. WordPress uses a simple theming system that makes it easy to setup a totally new design for usually less than a $1000 dollars. And even better your in house designers that maybe do your product graphics etc. can be taught in a couple of hours how to create a new design that can easily be converted to wordpress and installed over your existing content.
- WordPress Business Websites are easy to extend. – Have you ever worked on your business website and thought, “man it would be great if we had this feature” only to hear it costs to much money, will take too much time, or is not compatible with our CMS. With wordpress all of the systems are easily extending with plug-ins. If you want a social network, there is a plug-in for that. If you want a gallery, there is a plug-in for that. Want a shopping system, there are plug-ins for that as well. There are millions of developers and business creating extensions to make your web presence sing. Best of all, they all work with your existing site, content, and features. There are many extensions that are free and even more at a low cost.
- Constant Updates – WordPress is one of the most updated platforms on the internet. I can’t count the number of times I have installed a super expensive system in some company and a few months later the system is out of date. Then to add insult to injury the software company that wrote the software doesn’t plan an update for a year or more. A year or more are! With wordpress there are over 800 million users on the internet so there are updates all the time. Even better the code is so simple to work with that a decent php developer can make updates and enhancement for you. No more waiting for that billion dollar development company to update their stuff.
- The Core is free for your business wordpress website. – What free? Yes, the core systems for wordpress and even the social components called buddypress are free. No more paying thousands and thousands of dollars year after year to just use the base features of your cms system. If you can’t find what you need in the core you only pay a few hundred dollars for plug-ins etc.
If you are ready to take your business website to the next level contact wordpress design shop for a free consultation.