You searched the web and found an Amazing wordpress ecommerce plug-in called Jigoshop and now believe that your prayers have been answered.
Well that is what I thought for one of my clients!
Top Reasons to stay away from Jigoshop unless you are a programmer or plan to pay for one.
- Jigoshop does not work well with most themes. In my experience I was only able to get the pages that used shortcodes to work in the theme without CSS programming. It would mess up the headers, messages were overlapped and so on.
- Jigoshop does not have good support. After your purchase jigoshop they do not help you with issues really much at all and keep trying to get you to buy premium support to really get any help. I don’t know about you but when I buy a product I expect it to work and not need premium support right out of the gate to do the most basic things
- Jigoshop does not offer an easy way to change button colors and such. My client wanted to change some of the default colors in the system and we had to go to the actual cart style sheet and then un-minify it and then re upload it to be able to find any of the css easily. This caused hours of work for the most basic changes.
- The cart is not really free unless you need only the most basic features. When you first find the jigoshop cart you may say to yourself wow what great features and best of all it is free. Well, it is not really free almost every additional feature cost major money. Add UPS, FEDX, and a few other extensions and you are at a 150.00 before you know it. Add a bunch of extensions and you could be at $500 before you know it.
- Simple Free Shipping for an individual product? – Shipping is one of the most needed features of any shopping cart. Ever want to sell one product and offer free shipping on it. Yes, well same here and no can’t find a simple way to do this either.
- Several Jigoshop Extensions have no error codes. We spent hours trying to get just one of the shipping modules to work. We filled in all the information and everything but no luck. Even better no error codes either. We had to try things over and over again in the dark until luckily we found what the issue was.
What do you get with jigoshop according to the site?
Sell physical, digital and virtual products
Promote your products
Easily create discount coupons
Tax by location
Jigoshop Features that are actually extra. (Cost more money anywhere from 5.00 to 50.00 each)
- Table Rate Shipping
- Product Accessories
- Paypal Express Checkout
- Product Inquiry form
- Product Importer
- FEDx Shipping
- UPS shipping
- Export Product to CSV
- USPS Shipping
- Inspire Commerce
- Canada Post Shipping
- Google Product Feed
- Affiliate Pro
- Stripe Payment Gateway
- Mediaburst SMS
- Buddypress Extension
- Mailchimp Extension
- Paypal Pro
- Simple Seo Meta Tags
- Upsells Cross Sells
- HTML Emails
- Sage Pay
- Campaign Monitor
As you can see, it can get very expensive if you don’t know what you want exactly.
If you are ready for an ecomnerce solution or are in the middle of a jigoshop install and are stuck give us a call for options and way to get what you want.
WordPress Design Shop is your wordpress ecommerce support specialists.