Getting started with wordpress is easy when you use a host that supports cpanel and fantastico.
WordPress installation using cpanel and fantastico is the quickest way to get WordPress up and running on your website.
- Step one is logging in to your webhosting account and then your domains cpanel.
- Next from CPANEL you need to select the Fantastico ICON. This can be found under names and links in the cpanel. In our site5 hosting account it is under webapps on the left menu.
- From the Fantastico interface, on the left scroll down until you see the Blogs section and just below it, you should see WordPress in the list. Click on the WordPress link.
- To the right, you will be provided with some information about the version of WordPress you will be able to install. Take a moment to ensure that it’s up to date. If all is well, click on New Installation.
- Next you will be presented with all the fields required for your new wordpress website.
- If you have multiple domains you can select the domain first from the dropdown menu.
- Installation Location. If you want your blog to be your website’s homepage, ensure that you leave the space blank, otherwise type in the name of the folder you want WordPress installed to (make sure it doesn’t already exist).
- Admin access data. Choose the username and password you’d like to use in order to access the WordPress admin panel after installation is completed.
- Base configuration. Type a nickname you’d like to use throughout the blog. By default, the nickname is used whenever you leave comments or write an entry on the blog, so choose something you don’t mind the world seeing. The admin e-mail address is where notices, passwords, and other information about the administration of the blog is sent. Your blog’s name and description should be self-explanatory.
- E-mail account configuration. You only need to worry about this if you plan to blog via e-mail. If you’ve set up a special e-mail account that you’ll use for blogging via e-mail, then enter the settings where applicable. (Bear in mind, you will need to enter an e-mail account password in order to proceed with the installation, simply use a false one if you don’t plan to blog via e-mail.)
- When your blog information is complete, click on the Install WordPress button at the bottom.
Installing WordPress with cpanel and fantastico is very easy and can help you save money if you are looking for a new wordpress driven website.
Need a host that has great support and supports both cpanel and fantastico?